Help in the battle against command wire initiated IEDs (CWIEDs)
- Command wire initiated IEDs (CWIEDs) were prevalently used devices in Afghanistan.
- They are easy to manufacture and deploy.
- They are reliable, and easy to conceal.
- They allow the enemy to choose the optimal moment of initiation.
- Improved ECM systems are also improving the defeat of RF initiated devices.
NIC Instruments offer a solution. Introducing the Drag Hook Command Wire Finder
- The purpose made design means you can be reassured the product you are using is up to the task, and will sustain continued use in C-IED scenarios.
- The lightweight pole and dedicated pouch keep the weight you must carry to a minimum.
- The quick release pole clamps stainless steel hook means you can deploy quickly, and adjust to suit your environment.
- The system is strong and easy to use, and can be used in a range of environments, meaning you can use it wherever a command wire may be suspected, be it sand, grass, gravel or water.
- The glass fibre allows the pole to be electrically isolated, offering additional safety in difficult situation.
NIC Instruments is registered ISO 9001, and all equipment is designed, tested and manufactured in our own facilities in the United Kingdom.