Command Wire Search
- Designed to be used by EOD and high threat search teams searching for hidden command wires
- Command wires are being used increasingly more, due to their ease of manufacture and deployment, reliability, and ease of concealment and initiation.
- Improved ECM systems are also improving the defeat of RF initiated devices.
- The NIC Instruments drag hook command wire finder is a purpose made device used to search for buried command wire initiated IEDs.
- It is used to drag through a range of environments including long grass, stones, sand, riverbeds, compacted ground and paths searching for hidden command wires
- Once found, render safe procedures may be carried out to secure the device.