JOB TITLE: CNC Machinist/Programmer/Setter
REPORTING TO: Production Manager
LOCATION: NIC Instruments Ltd, Folkestone, Kent CT19 5NF
NIC Instruments specialises in the design and manufacture of Bomb Disposal Equipment. We are currently looking for a skilled CNC Machinist or someone who has being working with CNC machines and is ready to step up their skill level. The successful applicant will be responsible for setting CNC machines for production. The applicant will be responsible for running through the machining cycles to produce engineered components to an exceptionally high standard. Both Online and Offline programming experience would be favourable but training can be provided for the applicant with a desire to develop themselves.
Overall Purpose of Job
- The individual will have responsibilities that cover manufacturing and help in the day to day running and development of the Machine Shops
- This will be an active role focused on ensuring that internal customer due dates are met and products are manufactured to the correct quality standards
- It will also be part of this role to maintain an environment of continuous improvement and working practices.
- This role will include various machining activities
Strategy: Ability to improve to an already effective production strategy, to make themselves aware of the product quality, departmental objectives and health and safety requirements
Operational: Setting, programming and running CNC machine tools
CNC Machine Shops: Ability to increase output whilst driving down costs.
Commercially aware: It is essential that the individual is commercially aware, with strong ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
Professional Development: The Company requires a driven, ambitious individual who wants to further develop their skills and career.
Mentor & Training Activities: The successful candidate will be internally trained where needed and help mentor all CNC Operators ensuring that agreed KPI’s of quality, on time delivery and productivity are met.
The right candidate will have a range of the following skills and qualifications
- Considerable experience in using all forms of manual inspection equipment.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written is desirable.
- Knowledge of Quality Control.
Provide mentorship, advice and guidance to machine shop staff.
- Leading by example with hard working, flexible and professional approach.
- High levels of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Capable of working well in a team environment.
- Good at listening and following instructions.
- A positive attitude and co-operative, willing to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Candidates must be eligible to work permanently and live in the UK.
- The successful applicant will have a proven track record in a similar role, working on high end, technology based projects within an engineering environment.
- Experience in planning and scheduling in a manufacturing environment would be desirable.
- A minimum GCSE pass grade for English and Maths or equivalent qualification
- HND as a minimum in an engineering related subject is desirable
- Scheduling & Planning software
- Strong experience in effective use of CNC machine tools
- Strong experience in effective use of CAM software
- Strong experience in effective use of 3D CAD packages would be an advantage
- Knowledge of CMM software will be an advantage
- 20 days holiday pa
- The appointment is a permanent position.
- The successful candidate will be based at NIC Instruments Ltd
- References will be taken up if you are invited to interview (unless specified otherwise on your application form).
- Completed application forms should be returned to Mr Ant Osmond at the following address by email only. email@example.com
- Please Note: All questions or queries must be by email.