Dismounted Modular EOD Backpack System
- Designed for a typical two man EOD team, in a dismounted or light scales role.
- The NIC Lightweight Modular EOD Response Pack provides a significant sustainable capability, while minimising weight and bulk. This allows the team to carry an EOD capability in addition to normal field equipment.
- The NIC Lightweight Modular EOD Response Pack provides a much needed and vital capability when a heavy role kit is unsuitable or unavailable while simultaneously providing the EOD operator the ability and functionality to react to a full spectrum of EOD tasks, in a practical and significantly safer manner.
- Developed by a serving senior UK EOD Operator and rigorously field tested in the Balkans, East and West Africa, Afghanistan and Iraq have ensured this product will meet “real time ” requirements of EOD teams deployed on hostile and demanding operations in harsh climatic conditions.
- The product utilises a two pack approach which enhances equipment sharing and also provides product segregation which is essential for equipment of an explosive nature (detonators and bulk charges).
- The modular design of the kit provides complete flexibility by allowing additional equipment and explosives to be carried.
- Additional equipment can be supplied to enhance capability for Improvised Explosive Device Disposal (IEDD) threats.
- The Response Pack can be utilised by Police and Military, EOD Immediate Response teams, Deployed Light Scale Operations and NGO De-miners/EOD teams.
- The Pack adheres strictly to EOD doctrine and philosophy and provides capability in the following EOD operation phases:
- Reconnaissance and survey
- Search and location
- Identification and Diagnosis
- Render Safe Procedures
- Final Disposal
Search & Location
- The lightweight backpack brings together all the essential items required during search and location.
- Lightweight LED head torch and intrinsically safe torches allow for safe, hands free illumination.
- The new NIC non-magnetic takedown mine prodder is the first mine prodder to come with a collapsible hand guard, offering maximum protection for the operator, whilst taking up the minimum space in the backpack.
- A mine detector, two trip wire detectors, including the NIC night time laser trip wire detector are also included
- Once a safe route has been established, the backpack contains a range of markers that can be used in day & night time applications to clearly mark the safe route either to a device, or away from a danger zone.
- Once a safe route has been established and marked out, it is necessary to gain access to the suspect device.
- The NIC lightweight modular EOD response pack is the first backpack system to include a set of light weight, non-magnetic access tools.
- This includes high specification tools for cutting back extensive overgrowth, often a problem with areas that have been abandoned for some time.
- NIC Instruments search equipment assists in viewing the device with minimum disturbance.
Identification & Diagnosis
- It would be impossible, even for the most experienced EOD operator to recognize every type of ordnance.
- The NIC lightweight modular EOD response pack addresses this issue by including guides to identify explosive devices.
- Using the set of analysis tools, the device can be prepared for accurate identification.
- After successful identification, either the device can be dealt with, or the operator can return to a safe position to carry out further analysis from information gathered.
Render Safe Procedure & Neutralisation
- NIC Instruments Ltd is a world authority on hook and line systems.
- The NIC lightweight modular EOD response pack is the first system in the world to utilise the innovative lightweight hook and line system designed by NIC Instruments.
- This brings together the functionality of traditional hook and line, but at a fraction of the weight.
- The NIC Instruments lightweight Modular EOD response pack is contained in a single backpack.
- The pack accepts PLCE side pockets, and also contains a thigh pouch.
- The pack is available in olive drab for military applications, black for counter terrorist operations and bright orange for NGO groups who want to be clearly identified as non-military.
- External marking systems allow for clear identification of pack contents, essential during air transportation. The marking system may be completely removed when deploying tactically.
- A fully waterproof bag is available as an optional extra, as are lockable restraining systems, for security purposes.