NIC Carbon Fibre Telescopic Manipulator
To maintain a safe distance between an operator and the inspection of a potentially suspect device, the manipulator has a robot claw on the end of a 3m telescopic pole. The operator is able to use the remote controlled claw to manipulate the suspect device, or move obstacles out of the way.
- Designed to be used by EOD or high threat search teams that want to carry out tasks at a 3 metre standoff, offering increased levels of safety.
- The robotic claw is able to manipulate disruptors, X-Ray equipment and a host of other tools used in disposal or investigation techniques.
- This standoff distance significantly increases operator safety, in the event of an unplanned detonation.
- Once a device is held in the jaws, the ability to rotate the jaws ensures that the device may be moved in the safest orientation for the operator.
- The ability to grasp, and rotate objects in the claw also offers the options of moving devices into containment vessels, or to reposition them.
- The manipulator also hosts a frangible section. In the event of an unplanned detonation, this section will fail first, significantly reducing the force transferred along the manipulator to the operator.
- Jaws open/close and rotate under powered control. The angle of the jaws is achieved by manual adjustment.
- Adjustable counterweight for perfect balance. The extendable counterweight at the rear allows balance to be maintained when working. The counterweight may be pre-set, so that once a suspect device is lifted, perfect balance is obtained, thus making handling easier for the operator. Fine adjustment of balance may be achieved by moving the manipulator forwards or backwards on the shoulder strap.
- The NIC Carbon Fibre Robotic Telescopic Manipulator has been developed with leading EOD operators in the British Army. Now manufactured from a fully telescopic carbon fibre pole, the new design is stronger and lighter, and can be adjusted to a much greater degree to increase its operational capability.
- Rechargeable battery (charger included).
- Twice the rigidity of other telescopic manipulators.
- Supplied in a rigid carrying case.