- The very best equipment, as designed and produced by NIC Instruments, will always achieve the desired result as all applications are vigorously tested.
- To ensure that all equipment is used correctly and works consistently, NIC Instruments provides comprehensive training to ensure success when using your equipment on live tasks.
- Training is designed to supplement existing Standard Operating Procedures in use and provide more capability to the Operator when dealing with devices.
- All training is conducted by trained & experienced Bomb Disposal Operators with extensive operational experience in Northern Ireland, Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan.
- These instructors have extensive knowledge of all high threat search and EOD activities and have used it extensively on deployed operations.
- All training combines classroom lessons to impart the design and use of the equipment and practical training to reinforce the theory taught.
- NIC Instruments’ system of training utilises the EDIP principle (Explain, Demonstrate, Imitate, Practice) for practical lessons to ensure that all applications are fully understood. Our customers include:
- United Nations
- International Military Forces
- Ministries of Interior and Defence
- Police Forces
- Border Forces
- Port Security
- NIC Instruments have developed a standard series of training courses that cover a complete range of topics and areas. Our main courses are based around the following areas:
- C-IED (Counter Improvised Explosive Devices) – “Homemade bombs”
- EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) – “Conventional munitions”
- High Risk Search
- CBRNe (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives)
- Our training is tailored so that we can offer solutions for customers who have little or no previous experience in dealing with the subject matter, right up to subject matter experts, to ensure they remain current and at the forefront of the field.
- Our training courses also are designed to “train the trainer”, so that as well as leaving our knowledge with customers to be able to go forward with their new capability themselves, they are also then able to impart their knowledge and skills on, to allow this information to be disseminated amongst the rest of their team, unit or company, ensuring that our training is imparted into as wide a range of people as possible.
- The courses offered are a combination of classroom based theory sessions, and more practical hands-on field based exercises that will provide realistic real world scenarios.
- They offer both a strategic level of training that relates to higher level support looking at capability, policy, suitability of equipment and sustainability of the equipment and training, and also an operational level of training to ensure that the training and equipment you need will deliver the desired outcome.
- We can provide ongoing consultancy to ensure that you, your trainers and your teams are kept up to date with the latest developments in C-IED, EOD & Search doctrines and advances in equipment.
- Our C-IED training packages offer support in the following C-IED operation phases:
- IED site exploitation & forensics
- Homemade explosives
- IED threat and vulnerability assessment
- IED incident response
- Vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED)
- Command-wire improvised, explosive devices (CWIED)
- Radio-controlled improvised explosive device (RC-IED)
- Victim-operated improvised explosive devices (VOIED)
- Explosive Method of Entry (EMOE)
- As well as our standard series of course, we acknowledge that not every customer will fit into these, and so our training courses are fully customisable, and we can work with our customers to ensure that we deliver the most appropriate training solutions on a case by case basis.
- We can offer a range of consultancy services to support and complement our C-IED and EOD training packages, and our ISO 9001 standard that we work to across every aspect of the company will ensure that you will always receive a consistent level of service.
On Site Facilities
- NIC Instruments has on its premises a fully equipped training facility of over 250 square metres.
- Facilities include a residential house mock up, a commercial garage / lock up and numerous training vehicles, allowing operators to train using realistic training scenarios in realistic settings providing the maximum training benefit from courses.
- We also have developed a full robot test track to simulate all aspects of scenarios related to unmanned vehicle operations.
- All training can be conducted at NIC Instruments’ dedicated training facility, and we can support any requirements related to transportation, accommodation & subsistence, visa and other documentation you might have, from arrival into the UK to departure once training is complete.
- We are conveniently situated less than 1 hour from the major London railway stations and 1.5-2 hours from airports, and less than 20 mins from the main vehicle European entry hubs. (Dover Ferry Port and Channel Tunnel)
- NIC Instruments can also deliver training in country using our team of trainers.
- Our teams have a vast range of knowledge and experience, and have delivered training to Governments, Police and Army units all over the world.
- NIC Instruments can supply a wide range of training aids to work alongside our training course and be used in conjunction with both equipment supplied by us, and equipment supplied by other companies, to ensure that the training given is as current and realistic as it can be, within a training environment.
- These training aids are designed to be realistic and to assist in developing the skills and techniques required to successfully understand, deconstruct and defeat them.