The United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) has 5 core components of mine action, which together are often deferred to as ‘demining’
- Clearance of Mines: The removal and making safe of unexploded ordnance.
- Mine Risk Education: Educating people to understand mines and to adopt practises to reduce the risk of injury
- Victim Assistance: Care and rehabilitation of those affected by ordnance
- Advocacy: Supporting programs to reduce the use of land mines. Especially in civilian areas.
- Stock Pile Destruction: Destruction of unexploded ordnance left after conflict.
NIC Instruments offer a range of products to assist in Mine Clearance and Stock Pile Destruction.
For clearance operations, we offer a range of hook and line systems, which the Epsilon HL007400 is the most well suited. This is a basic hook and line kit, that meets the requirements of most demining teams. We also offer a range of trios which assist in lifting ordnance out of the ground. We also offer a Demining EOD Tool Kit EOD009989, which has a range of vegetation clearance tools, protective equipment and investigation tools.
For stock pile destruction we offer a number of firing systems that comply with the Ottawa Treaty. Please contact us for more details. We also offer a demolition kit EOD009990 for the safe carrying of all equipment necessary for activating a detonator, fuse or a disruptor/de-armer to destroy unexploded ordnance.