No area must be inaccessible to your robot and ZEUS is able to tackle a wide range of terrains, both indoors (such as commercial, domestic and public buildings) and outdoors.
- Transport links such as buses, trains and aeroplanes present no problems due to ZEUS narrow width and variable length.
- Stairs and slopes (including lateral) present no problem to ZEUS, utilising the front and rear articulating track modules (ATM). Not only do they improve obstacle and stair climbing, but they allow you to descend stairs in a more controlled manner than any other robot.
- Most robots simply drive over the top of stairs until they ‘tip’ downwards, but ZEUS is able to use its articulating track modules to change its centre of gravity giving a controlled descent.
- Stability on stairs is also crucial if you are carrying live weapons or expensive CBRNe sensors.
- The ability to change the length of ZEUS by extending the articulating track modules makes it incredibly stable when on stairs.
- ZEUS’ unique track design allows it to ‘lift’ itself upstairs and over obstacles as opposed to traditional tracked robot’s method of relying on ‘hooking’ onto obstacles.
- This whole new concept in climbing gives unparalleled stability and control whilst climbing.
- Ditches, trenches and holes also present no problems as the articulating track modules easy broach such features in the terrain.